<$BlogRSDURL$>
Maybe... a Space Journal
Friday, March 19, 2004
 
The Life of a Space Pet
Waking up naked in a strange white room was pretty horrifying. Meeting the Gaulacghs for the first time was simply surreal. It really did take a while for me to realize I wasn't dreaming.

First of all, Gaulacghs are pretty ugly. Their three legs are rather odd. It was pretty obvious this wasn't one of those television aliens dressed up in with some extra celluloid features. The main part of their body is oddly pickle shaped but the smooth texture of a dolphin. It's rather greenish brownish with lavender spots. Their arms are actually pretty cool. Very quick and agile, their fingertips can receded like a snails antenae. They just shrink back into themselves, especially if they're annoyed. And honestly the strangest thing of all... Gaulacghs smell like cotton candy.

If you've noticed I'm not much of an artist... then keep it to yourself. Just imagine waking up naked in a room with that. There would have been a lot of screaming if was had been convinced I was actually awake. Instead, the thing just kept dancing back and forth muttering "gaulacgh, gaulacgh, gaulacgh, gaulacgh" like one of those cartoon monsters that can only say its name. After about half an hour of failed communication I establish a few main points.
1. I was actually awake.
2. I had been abducted by aliens.
3. I was completely naked, but it couldn't seem to care.
4. The only thing the creature could say was gaulacgh.
5. I really had to pee.

Conversly I think the Gaulacgh managed to establish a few main points of his own.
1. My new acquisition is as dumb as a post.
2. Maybe it can be taught a few tricks to impress visitors.
3. After all, not everyone can say they own a human.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger